Sunday, March 30, 2008

Me & Shamu


We went to Sea World yesterday morning! I really enjoy going there. No lines for the rides, enjoyable shows, Elena goes ga-ga for everything there, and we have season passes so we don't have to stay all day to get our money's worth. This Saturday we caught the Shamu show, rode some rides (this involved only me), and checked out the penguins. The Shamu show is called "Believe". The entire show is about believing in your dreams. Of course I find the theme running through the show annoying (I mean come on, believe in your dreams?) but you cannot help but be very impressed with the beautiful Orcas that star in the show.

Let me preface my next statement by reminding you that I cry pretty easily (ridiculously easy actually). I welled up about 3 or 4 times during the show. Not because of all of the "believe in your dreams" junk, but rather because of the beauty of the animals themselves, and the connection between them and the workers co-starring in the show. I'm pretty sure Amy did not figure out I was struggling to maintain my emotions, then again maybe she was just being kind by not pointing out that I am a little baby.

Bottom line, I highly recommend checking out the entire park next time you are in SA (you can stay with us while you're here). I only ask that you do not study my overactive tearducts during any of the shows.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This coming from the man who throws rocks at bunnies?!?

margie said...

I'm designing a brochure for the Japanese Friendship Garden San Diego Intl Symposium and your orca picture would be perfect for one of our front cover shots. May I use it?